Non Ajax edit view on Jira 5

Francesco Maria Milizia April 2, 2012

Hi,

Is there any configuration in Jira 5 to disable ajax panel in the issue editing features and back to jira 4-like view?

Thank you.

6 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
kiessigrene May 25, 2013

In JIRA 5.2 you can edit the description directly in an almost full screen form. Simply hoover with the mouse over the description area. Then in the top right corner of the area a button to edit the description apears.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2012

To disable the Quick Edit plugin, remove the jar file from the bundled-plugins.zip, re-zip it and restart JIRA.

And for William, to remove the Edit button, just remove all the users from the Project Permission 'Edit Issues'. But this looks like being too restrictive, can you explain the usecase a bit?

0 votes
William JUTEAU December 18, 2012

Hello,

Same problem with Jira 5.1.8.

Is ther a way to disable only the following module to NOT display the EDIT button at the top left of screens ?

Edit Issue

(edit.issue)

I mustn't let my user access to this option

Thanks

0 votes
Sergey Kashin June 3, 2012

same problem. Jira Quick Edit plugin cannot be disabled

0 votes
tier-0 grump
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2012

It's a plugin, just disable the JIRA Quick Edit plugin and you have the JIRA 4 behaviour

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2012

On 5.0 there is no option to disable it for me!

Francesco Maria Milizia April 2, 2012

th Jira Quicl Edit plugin cannot be disabled from the plugin amministration page. More, I've found that this plugin manage the dialog version for the issue edit, but i need to disable all the dialog versions (workflow trasiction pages, comments, assignment, etc...). I've found that old behaviour is still implemented and it works if I call the actions writing URLs by hand. Is it possible that there is no property to set to disable the new behaviour?

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2012

I find the panel for both the create and edit very limiting compared to the full screen version. Many times the description (or other text fields) contain lots of text with blocks of (noformat) etc... and now it is very difficult to edit. I get a dialog that is 1/3 of the screen size - it is like going back to an 80 column editor! This change was a step backwards in usability.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events