Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Custom Field For customfield in Bar Chart plugin

Nick Shaw June 18, 2013

So here's a curious thing. Been trying to use the Barchart plugin, but it's not working with any of our custom fields. Works fine if you set it to any common JIRA field though.

Well I was poking around the logs and I found that it was throwing this error:

Caught Exception while creating bar chart!

com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: No custom field for customfield_11763. This should not happen. Data is likely to be corrupt.

Which is very similar to this error here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Unable+to+Create+Issue+due+to+corrupt+Custom+Field

"customfield_11763" is a deleted custom field that has long since been gone, but it seems the database still wants to access it?

I've already run the JIRA Integrity Checker and fixed the Field Config issues through that.

So my question is, do I need to actually go into the database to remove the field's entry, or is there some other way to do it? And I assume I'd have to do this multiple times as we've deleted quite a few custom fields.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick Shaw June 18, 2013

I have fixed the issue! On investigating the database it seems that 'customfield_11763" is a Greenhopper specific field. We had GH but removed it early on, though it seems that the removal process isn't as clean as it sounds.

Greenhopper left the Epic and Story issue types, as well as a Greenhopper Field Configuration. Deleting those three things and then running the Integrity Checker again made it work like a charm.

I might get with Atlassian to see if they can't clean up their plugin removal a little better, of if leaving those things is intended design.

Problem solved!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events