cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a way to search for issues with no public comments in JIRA Service Desk

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

I was using issuefunction not in hasComments() prior to implementing Service Desk, however this is now showing all public and internal comments. 

In order to track tickets that have not yet had their first response to the customer, I need to be able to run a query looking for issues with no public comments. 

I tried issuefunction not in commented("inRole Service Desk Customers") - however ScriptRunner will not allow for role's with spaces in the name. Not sure if that would even do what I wanted since I can't get it to run

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

3 votes
Answer accepted
Sheral Hewes December 16, 2015

project = Helpdesk and issueFunction not in commented("inRole 'Service Desk Customers'")

Use quotes around Service Desk Customers

1 vote
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

Sheral's answer fixed my query, however it's not doing what I want. sad Any ideas on how to query for "public" comments only?

0 votes
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2015

When doing complicated queries that require quotations in an issuefunction, I've been able to escape them.  So:

issuefunction not in commented("inRole \"Service Desk Customers\"")
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events