Mylyn - modify Log Work subsection to restrict Work Description to a list of values?

SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2012

Hello,

I have a quick question with respect to the "Jira" tab page of the Mylyn Task Editor. There is a Work Log section and a Log Work subsection that mimics the Log work Dialog on the JIRA UI. Is it possible to modify the Log Work sub-section to restrict the Work Description to a list of values?

I was able to do this to the LogWork.jsp and wanted to mimic that in the Eclipse IDE.

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2012

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately there is no way to simply restrict Work Description to a list of values.

It would be necessary to extend part of the editor and add your own implementation to handle that case.

Cheers,

Jacek

Garrett Deacon March 5, 2012

Hi Jacek,

What is needed to extend the editor. Are there any tutorials/articles to do that? I'm willing to do an extension for our team.

Thanks

-Garrett

jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2012

Hi Garrett

There are no tuturials available.

What I mean is that you need to clone the project on bitbucket, look into the code and add your own implementation for selected part of the editor.

Connector sources are available at https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/connector-eclipse. You will also need Mylyn sources as we base on the Mylyn editor.

Connector for Eclipse extends Mylyn editor at least for Description and Comments as far as I remember so it is a good start to check how it is implemented.

The only problem is that you will need to build your own version of the Connector.

Cheers,

Jacek

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2012

Credit for this question goes to Garrett Deacon of Wells Fargo.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events