Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Select Searcher is not getting loaded when I try to create custom Multi Select CF Type

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2013

I implemented a customfield type which extends MultiSelectCFType and its UI shows checkboxes.

Now I want to implement existing Multi Select Searcher to it.

I tried with the instructions in https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=236588798

and http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2010/09/custom-field-searchers.html

but I don't see any searcher while creating customfield of my type.

Also the installed plugin got disabled when I just reload the Manage Plugins page

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2013
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2013

How have you "implemented" the searcher?

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2013

No, I just placed the custom-field-searcher xml code in my atlassian-plugin.xml and given <valid-customfield-type> attribute value to my plugin and module keys of my customfield.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2013

<customfield-searcher key="read searcher" name="Read Bool Searcher"

i18n-name-key="admin.customfield.searcher.multiselectsearcher.name"

class="com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.searchers.MultiSelectSearcher">

<description key="admin.customfield.searcher.multiselectsearcher.desc">Search for multiple values using a single select list.</description>

<resource type="velocity" name="search" location="templates/plugins/fields/edit-searcher/search-multiselect.vm"/>

<resource type="velocity" name="view" location="templates/plugins/fields/view-searcher/view-searcher-multioption.vm"/>

<resource type="velocity" name="label" location="templates/plugins/fields/view-searcher/label-searcher-htmltext.vm"/>

<valid-customfield-type package="com.teradata.boolcf.BCF" key="boolcf_key"/>

</customfield-searcher>

this is the searcher code in descriptor.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2013

Sorry, could you show us exactly what you've put in the xml? Just the searcher related lines of course

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events