Move from a sprint to new sprint

xavierkcb2012 February 19, 2013

Hi

I have 100 issues in my sprint(Ex:Sprint 10). Now i want to move 50 issues to new Sprint(Ex:Sprint11) without creating new sprint manually.

As a workaround, I have selected that 50 issues and rightclick then doing bulk change. There i have "Change Sprint" available. If i give 11 then it creates sprint11 automatically and move the issues to Sprint11. But in some cases if i give any random numbers it says "Sprint must Exits:44"

Is this the correct way to bulkmove to new sprint? If so what is the reason to occur the error?

Thanks in advance

KCB

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Dobroslawa Wierzbicka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

This is most likely because Sprint IDs are created in a sequence, so you won't be able to skip from 10 to 44.

By the way, what versions of Jira/GreenHopper are you using? I tried to reproduce the behaviour of a new Sprint being created automatically and every time I selected a Sprint ID that didn't exist, Jira was complaining that "Sprint must exist" (in Jira 5.2 and GreenHopper 6.1.1).

xavierkcb2012 February 20, 2013

Yes i'm also facing the same problem. I'm using jira5.0 and greenhopper 6.0.6. But sometimes it takes the values(Ex: Sprint 3) which is given in "Change Sprint" through bulkedit. After completing the bulkedit its not moving to Sprint 3. Instead of moving to sprint 3 it moves to some "MP29"/"CLTN" sprints and that sprint is also closed. I cant able to see the sprint in "Plan Mode"

This is the one i did not understand. In what situation it accepts the number and in what situation it will throw error.

If you find out the problem, Please assist me.

xavierkcb2012 February 21, 2013

Hi i understood the behaviour. Thanks Mr.Dora Wierzbicka.

0 votes
Simone Longoni November 20, 2013

Any update on this issue?
I am running JIRA 5.2.9 and JIRA Agile 6.3.3 and -if I try to specify a sprint Name- I get "Sprint id must be a number".

Given that Sprints cannot be bulk changed by name, is there a way (possibly different from looking into the DB), to know what is the Id of a given Sprint, so that we use that Identifier in the bulk change?

Deleted user November 21, 2013

Hi Simone,

I have a similar issue that I have a confluence page where I show all past sprints using the Filter Results gadget. THis requires the sprint ID. So what I do is open the search issues screen in a new tab, in advanced JQL type in "Sprint = Team XX Sprint 12". This will show the autoselect list below, select the sprint that you are looking for and the sprint ID will be displayed in the search input box.

Hope this helps.

Jack

Like # people like this
alexklebeck March 3, 2014

Thanks a lot the the hint, it helped!

jp4ster
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2017

You can also hover your mouse over the "Sprint" entry on any detail view of a work item in JIRA -- the final number in the URL is the Sprint number. //jp

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events