Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing dependency after update to Jira 7 ?

Mik December 14, 2016
Hi Guys,

After update my plugin (gadget) I see some errors on the console:

jira.webresources:almond.js:6 Uncaught Error: jira/moment/moment.jira.i18n missing wrm/data(…)

jira.webresources:almond.js:6 Uncaught Error: jira/field/issue-picker missing wrm/context-path(…)
jira.webresources:almond.js:6 Uncaught Error: jira/autocomplete/issue-autocomplete missing wrm/context-path(…)

I have try fix problem and add this:

<web-resource key="ResourceCommonWithOtherGadgets" name="Common Resources for My Gadgets" state='enabled'>
<dependency>jira.webresources:jira-fields</dependency>
<dependency>jira.webresources:global-static</dependency>
<context>atl.general</context>
</web-resource>

but it's not helping.

How can I solve this problem? Thanks for any tips!

Regards

Mik

5 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2016

Since JIRA 7.1.0 the "gadget" plugin module is gone and for JIRA higher than 7.0.0 you have to use new "dashboard-item" module. Please check this: https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/guides/dashboards/guide-building-a-dashboard-item-for-a-jira-p2-add-on.

So I assume that all gadget connected JavaScitpt AMD modules are gone as well.

You may want to check my Universal Gadget for JIRA sources or sources for Cloud and Server Atlassian Common Code project. For Cloud and Server Atlassian Common Code I published working Cloud and Server example addons but they are under approval. Meanwhile please check the docs: http://csacc.vkrupach.com/.

Other way for the quick start is to take as a start point one of the gadgets that are in JIRA sources.

0 votes
Christoph Piotrowski March 30, 2017

Dear all,

I just had the same issue after upgrading to Jira 7.2/7.3. Finally I got rid of the error messages by reordering the #requireResource statements in my gadget.xml.

Last days had been quite frustrating for me: I studied Atlassian-Aswers posts and found several times, that gadgets are "gone" and this would be the reason of the error messages. It was requested to switch to dashboard-items. At the same time this page explains, that "Dashboard items will eventually replace gadgets in JIRA". Then it even is explicitly recommended to keep orginial code as a fallback.

Tutorials for gadget plugins are only valid for JIRA 4/5, but there is no detailed explanation on how open social gadgets can be turned into dashboard items. In case I missed some documents here, pls give me a hint. I fully understand that SW updates can cause backward compatibility, but in this case documentation + support is confusing.

Christoph

0 votes
Mik December 14, 2016

Thank you Volodymyr. So It's looks at I have to convert my plugin from "Module" to "dashboard-item".

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2016

Hi Mik,

Probably from from "gadget" module to "dashboard-item" module wink.

0 votes
Mik December 14, 2016

Hi. This is my requires

#requireResource("com.atlassian.gadgets.publisher:ajs-gadgets")
#requireResource("com.atlassian.jira.gadgets:jira-global")
#requireResource("com.atlassian.jira.gadgets:autocomplete")
#includeResources()

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2016

Do you have "require" for these AMD entries in your JavaScript?

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events