Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many Notifications for Macro Adding Attachments

Stephen Rollins February 10, 2014

Users of our plugin have recently began complaining that they are getting several email notifications when our macro updates a page's attachments. We haven't made any recent changes to our plugin code, so that makes me think that changes to Confluence related to how attachments and notifications are handled must be causing this unexpected behavior. Have any changes like this occurred recently? We have been able to reproduce the bug on our own instance of Confluence 5.2.3.

Also, is there any way within the Java code to control notifications? At the least, it would be nice to be able to combine several attachment changes into one notification because they're really all a part of the same change to the page.

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
m@
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2014
Unfortunately at this stage there is no way to control the notifications in the way you want. I also looked in to the option of just uploading new versions of your attachments but that takes the same code path and will generate the same notifications for a user.
Some related news:
* We are working on a new notification subsystem, but again I don't think that will help as it will still require the user to opt out of attachment notifications, will give them more control though.
* We are working on a new REST api that will eventually replace all our current remote apis, so I created https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRA-179to provide this sort of suppression in the future.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events