Manage Watchers with Confluence REST API

MarkC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2016

Is there a way to add or delete watchers from a page in Confluence using the REST API? I can't seem to find anything related to watchers in the API documentation. I expanded all of these methods and searched for "watcher" and found only one instance that doesn't apply to adding or removing watchers.

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Robert Krause
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2016

Hi @Mark,

there is a (private) REST endpoint for this, which support the methods GET, POST and DELETE. The parameter contentId is required for each method.

prototype/1/content/{contentId}/watches

Best regards,
Robert 

MarkC
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2016

Is there documentation around this somewhere for the prototypes?

Robert Krause
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2016

I don't think so. "private" usually means, undocumented and/or subject to change.

MarkC
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2016

Then how did you get it?

Robert Krause
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2016

Development instances come with the Confluence REST-Api Browser, which lets you browse and test all REST-endpoints registered in the running Confluence instance.

Sateesh Jarugumalli July 31, 2018

Hi @Robert Krause, Could you please give the sample url for the (private) REST end point to add watchers to a page

Robert Krause
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2018

@Sateesh Jarugumalli You mean, like the url in the post you are replying to? What else do you need?

Sateesh Jarugumalli August 17, 2018

Hi @Robert Krause, thank you for the reply. I was able to achieve this functionality with the Soap call.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events