Make plugin backwards compatible?

shashank_shekhar August 21, 2014

So here is the situation - I developed a JIRA plugin and unaware that JIRA versions change so fast, I built and tested the plugin on JIRA 6.3.4, and then realized that it doesnot work on our team JIRA instance which is running version 6.2.6.
I tested out this theory by installing 6.2.6 locally and it's not working.

Now I could upgrade the JIRA our team uses, but I figure that will be a lot of hassel.
Is there a way I can check which libraries are causing the issue ?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
shashank_shekhar August 25, 2014

It turned out to be a problem with the JIRA project I was testing it out on.
Plugin works fine now

1 vote
JulianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2014

Maybe http://checkup.atlassian.com/could help you

shashank_shekhar August 21, 2014

I just tried it , it eats up my jar, shows a progres bar .. and then nothing. It shows the start page again. Tried on multiple browsers , same result.

JulianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2014

strange ...

i tested it with a self written plugin a few minutes ago. Another way could be to specify JIRA version 6.2.6 in your plugin descriptor and execute atlas-mvn clean; atlas-mvn eclipse:eclipse- You should see incompatible api usages in your ide

Are there no hints in your log files?

shashank_shekhar August 22, 2014

I was able to get the plugin working on a local instance by specifying jira 6.2.6 in the pom, but still won't work on the production instance.
There are some errors in the log. I will fix them and come back here :)

Thanks

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events