List of Netbeans IDE Plugins for atlassian JIRA and Stash

Neeraj Bodhe August 19, 2015

Any plugins present for Netbeans IDE 

1. JIRA tickets accessed from the IDE
  2. Stash Pull requests created of a GIT branch from IDE

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
mkleint
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2015

with regard to Stash PR feature:

There a netbeans plugin that can for a project open it's page on github/bitbucket/... from the git repository url.

https://github.com/markiewb/nb-git-open-in-external-repoviewer

I've created a PR there to add action for PR creation for bitbucket. Stash is currently not supported by the plugin (I suppose it's hard ti pinpoint if a given git clone url is backed by Stash)

2 votes
mkleint
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2015

http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/56020/atlassian-plugin-development-support

is the plugin I wrote to allow developing plugins for jira/confluence/... I've developed that before joining atlassian and still use it in day to day work.

The netbeans team itself provides a plugin to see JIRA issues in the IDE. It's on the default update center.

quote: "Support for JIRA task repository from version 3.13 up to version 6.0", I believe it's using eclipse' mylyn code to connect to JIRA (and other issue trackers)

I don't know about a stash PR plugin. Could be easy enough to write though.

Thank you @Milos Kleint Yes, the inbuilt Netbeans Task Repositories service supports up to only 6.0 jira version i noticed that earlier.

John DeBois December 14, 2015

Do you know if there will be support for JIRA version 7.0 eventually?

mkleint
Atlassian Team
December 14, 2015

IMHO unlikely. the netbeans codebase is reusing eclipse mylyn for server communication and the jira connector has been discontinued. - https://developer.atlassian.com/blog/2015/06/discontinuing-ide-connectors-support/

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2015

Yes, there are some, might want to check the list in the plugin manager in Netbeans

netbeans_IDE.png

I can see 2 of them, but the owners or author isn't Atlassian and moreover i don't see anything that says 

JIRA tickets visible in a UI for Netbeans IDE plugin or Stash PR generated through IDE 

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Is building a netbeans plugin for logging into atlassian applications through IDE and accessing JIRA tickets from the IDE and changing their transitions, generating a PR in Stash from IDE feasible? any thoughts?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2015

It's very feasible, you'd use the REST endpoints exposed by the services to gather and change data in JIRA/Stash. It's very much a Netbeans plugin development thing you need to do there.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events