cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List all properties for an issue

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2015

I am trying to get used to the JIRA REST api for issue properties. In the REST API documentation, I have found ways of

• listing all property names
  • getting the value of a single property
  • deleting a single property
  • updating/setting a single property

What I really miss is the possibility to return all properties (maybe matching a filter or a list of property keys) including their values in one single call in order to avoid the overhead of many single calls.

I've tried it also by searching for issues via jql, but the properties are not listed there and no expand option for properties is available.

Any ideas? Or is it just something which is still missing in the experimental properties api?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2015

Since the properties REST API is still marked as experimental, I"ve created a suggestion for it. Please vote for it if you also think this is a useful feature.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-44772

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2015

Hi Matthias!

What I really miss is the possibility to return all properties including their values in one single call in order to avoid the overhead of many single calls.

There is no such method and I am not sure about Atlassian plans on implementing it.

If you really need you can implement your custom REST that returns property keys/values in manner you need. Looks like Java API https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/latest/com/atlassian/jira/bc/issue/properties/IssuePropertyService.html has the same methods as REST so you will need to iterate properties in server Java code.

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2015

I agree that this would be a way, but since I develop a plugin which should also be possible to run in the cloud instances, this does not seem a real option to me.

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2015

Maybe JavaScript side cashing is acceptable to you.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events