Links from MS Office documents won't open in Confluence

Cathleen McGuire February 23, 2013

When I try to open a link to Confluence from an MS Office document, the link never opens directly. See attached image of error.

Browsers - latest versions of Firefox and IE

Confluence version - 2.8 using Themebuilder

MS Office doc versions - .doc and .docx

Permissions - full permissions to the page in question

Any and all hope explaining this would be most appreciated. Thanks,

Cathleen McGuire

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2013

It's pretty much as it suggests - your account does not have the rights to open the page you're landing on when you click the link.

However, look closely at the link - it looks like your email server or client is mangling the link to me. Which would give you either a "not found" or "no permissions" error from confluence.

Cathleen McGuire February 23, 2013

Thank you for your prompt response. It can't be about permissions because eveyrone in the company definitely has permissions to the page, and everyone in the company gets the same error message . . . except our IT Admin who has full site-wide permissions.

I'm going to have him exame why the link is getting mangled. MAybe there's somethign going on with that. It just doesn't seem like it's a permissions thing. More like a messed-up link.

Thanks, appreciate your response. Cat

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2013

We get exactly the same here, in some ways - links in an email work fine in proper email clients, but when we try to use the (pretty useless) Microsoft webmail, it mangles every single link, not just the Confluence ones.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events