cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link to Epic in /rest/api/issue resource

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2014

Hello All,

When I get an Issue that belongs to the Epic over the JIRA Rest API, such Epic link is usually kept in "fields" under "customfield_10008" property (as a string representing an Epic key). However, in some cases, for another JIRA (OnDemand) instances, different field is used for excact the same purpose with the great self explanatory name: "customfield_10202" :-)

That makes me wonder, how many other fields would I expect to see out there used for that purpose? Is it documented somewhere?

Looking forward to hear from you guys!

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

4 votes
Answer accepted
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2014

Hi Adrian,

Epic is using a Custom Field, therefor it can be different on any system depending on how many custom fields already existed when enabling JIRA Agile.

But the REST-api also provides a resource to get all Custom Fields: /rest/api/2/field

You could look up the Custom Field code for Epic Link and use that when getting the issue info.

Best,

Maarten

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2014

Thanks Maarten, this is exactly what I need.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events