Link Applications to enable OAuth-based login - what to put in fields

therobyouknow August 18, 2016

I am building an external PHP web application that will use OAuth 1.0a so that people can use their JIRA login details to log into this application. The intention is that the web application will then use these credentials in REST queries sent to our hosted JIRA to retrieve data that is available to the particular logged in JIRA user.

The JIRA documentation states that an Application Link needs to be set up so that our JIRA can accept such authentication requests from our external PHP web application. 

We are running JIRA 6 on our hosting.

The URL for the Application Link on our hosting is: jira.<our domain>.com/plugins/servlet/applinks/listApplicationLinks

The pop up modal on this page is asking for several things I am not sure about (see screen shot below), can you advise on the following things it is asking for:

• Application Name: I think this is a name we can decide, no validation is done - is that correct?
    Application Type: I've chosen: "Generic Application" - I assume this is the correct choice for an external PHP application. There is an option for JIRA in the list but I think that Application Type is for describing our application, which is not another JIRA instance, but an external PHP application.
  • Service Provider name - I think this is a name we can decide, no validation is done here - is that correct?
  • Consumer key - I think this should be generated once only in our external application during configuration, the value of which we would fill in here, is that correct?
  • Shared secret - I think this should be generated once only in our external application during configuration, the value of which we would fill in here, is that correct?
  • Request Token URL - is this a URL on our JIRA server or on our external application?
  • Access Token URL - is this a URL on our JIRA server or on our external application?
  • Authorise URL - is this a URL on our JIRA server or on our external application?

SCREENSHOT:

screenshot for atlassian question Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 14.07.53.png

I've done some prior research as said but the information is insufficient:

Thank you

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
therobyouknow August 21, 2016

To answer my own question:

I will follow the above and try to update on progress.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events