Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira to Netcool integration

Pavan N March 5, 2017

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to integrate JIRA Service Desk with Netcool. Could someone share some insight on how it can be achieved? I am naive to JIRA and looking for steps to proceed with this integration.

Thanks

Pavan

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2017

Start with a definition of what you want from "integration". 

Integrate is a suitcase word - fantastic for describing an overall idea, but you can't begin to do anything with it until you open the suitcase and see what is in it.  You might have clothes in it, but equally, you might have a load of chocolate penguins - I can't tell you to "wear them" or "eat them" until I know what's in there.

Pavan N March 6, 2017

Nic,

Many thanks for your response. Here is what I am looking for.

1) When an alert is received in Netcool, it should create a ticket in JIRA automatically. For this, I believe Netcool should reach to /rest/api/2/issue in JIRA for ticket creation. ( I will provide the host, port, project key and access details to the Netcool team).

2) When the ticket status/Priority changed in JIRA, it should update the event status/Priority in Netcool.

3) If alert is resolved in Netcool, it should resolve the incident in JIRA.

4) If the incident is resolved in JIRA it should clear/resolve the event in netcool.

I am looking for the steps that are required to accomplish point 2,3 and 4. Steps in the sense, should I write any plugin or any other development part required? Am I correct regarding point no. 1?

Thanks

Pavan

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2017

Ok, yes,
1 and 3) See https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/jira-rest-apis - I find the examples a good start, and yes, they'll show someone how to create issues over REST, and update them with moves through the workflow and setting resolutions

2) Webhooks in JIRA can poke data over to any system you want, provided it supports them.  I don't know that Netcool supports anything like that.

Pavan N March 7, 2017

Thanks Nic. Will take a look at it.

Thanks

Pavan

vedasri g February 12, 2018

Hi Everyone,

Any one got the integration between netcool to jira integration. Please help me if one got it. 

Thanks & Regards,

Vedasri.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2018

Please see above!  That's as far as anyone has got.  Hopefully Pavan was able to build something and may be happy to share.

vedasri g February 14, 2018

Hi Nic,

I am not getting clarity from that link. I am following the link "http://blog.orb-data.com/using-ibm-netcool-impacts-new-restful-api-to-integrate-with-atlassian-jira-service-desk/ " but i am struct at SSl Certificate.  If i get the SSl certi almost I complete the integration. Can you please help on this.

Thanks,

Vedasri.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2018

I don't know how you've set up your SSL

vedasri g February 15, 2018

Hi Nic,

I have to import SSL certificate into impact and GUI servers.

see below:

Use HTTPS/SSL to enable Netcool/Impact to connect over SSL to a REST data source. You must export a certificate from the data source and import it into the Impact Servers and each GUI Server.

1. Get the certificate through the browser.

Refer to your browser manual, searching for exporting a certificate.

2. Copy the certificate file to the Impact Server host and import it into both the Impact Servers and GUI Servers.For more information about import commands, see the Netcool/Impact Administration Guide under the section Enabling SSL connections with external servers in the Security chapter.

But I have not get any where SSL Certificate.

How can we integrate other then using SSL Certificate. Can you please explain clearly.

Thanks & Regards,

Vedasri.

Neil Richards December 4, 2018

Import the certificates from your atlassian cloud instance to the certificate store on your impact server and impact ui.

Thanks,

Neil

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events