cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira CLI - Copy one user group to another

Scott Harman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2015

Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to copy (or better yet, rename) a user group

We have recently merged with another company, and we need to start harmonising user groups, but as such we also probably need to rename some user groups.

We need to get all users with specific email addresses into a new user group (for staff) and all users who aren't a member of any group into a customer user group (for security schemes) but I can't find a sensible way to do this.

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2015

For this use case, the CLI can only help you script a solution using actions like getUserList and addUserToGroup. I created JCLI-819 to document a requirement for more assistance for this use case.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events