Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Automation Plugin edit labels action doesn't edit labels

Nick Misasi May 11, 2016

Hi, 

I've been using JQL to help automate the closing of issues if they reach a certain age without being updated. 

What I've been doing is this: 

project in ("this is a project") AND status = open AND updatedDate < -11d AND (labels != Pending_Close OR labels is EMPTY)

I have the automation plugin to leave a comment on the issue saying something like "This hasn't been updated in a while, if its still an issue let us know or else itll be closed". This works fine, every issue that is expected to have the comment receives a comment. I then try to use the "Edit Labels Action" to add the "Pending_Close" label onto it. This does not work. I can assign the label manually but for some reason the label is not assigned. 

In the end I have a second rule that looks for anything that has been "Pending_Close" for 2 days and transitions them to close. This should work, but I haven't been able to test because the labels are never set.

Has anyone found a work-around for this? Or potentially could suggest another solution?

thanks

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Ting _Chiou Ting Teh_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2016

Hi Nick,

Labels field is not possible to update via Automation as there are only limited options on Edit Issue action. So, I've created a feature request to include all the fields configure in Screen for "Edit Issue" action: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-4258

Please vote the suggestion to increase its popularity as per our New Features Policy if you are interested in seeing that implemented and add it to your watchlist for future updates. You could also comment on the ticket to notify our Dev team on your current situation.

Regards,

Ting

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events