Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java API insteed REST API

Konstantin Morozov May 3, 2016

Hello! I need to create client with additional features. I heard about JIRA REST API and this is cool. And I find page "Java API Policy for Jira". So, can I use some Java API or SDK for create my client (I need to work with user data: projects, issues, etc.)? If yes, can you give me a link on full documentation? I can't find it.

Thank you very much.

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2016

Ok, if you're writing a new client for JIRA, then you can pretty much forget the Java API.  You will want your client code to call JIRA's REST API to get data like projects and issues, and also update them.

Your client is completely external to JIRA, so you don't need any Java API or SDK from Atlassian to build it with - you can use any language and structure you want, as long as it can make the REST calls to JIRA.

To get started with REST, have a look at https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/jira-rest-apis

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events