Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL query to display the issue status and the linked item's status

Rajesh Kumar Maduraiveeran March 21, 2016

Hello,

I am looking for a JQL query that will display the issue status, linked items and the status of the linked items. Can you please help?

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2016

Hi Rajesh,

The linkedIssuesOf Scripted JQL Query provided by the ScriptRunner plugin can help with this by allowing to run a query similar to the one below which contains any issues containing issue links in a project.

JQL:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = KDP") and project = KDP

You could then format the columns returned to be similar to the screesnshot shown below in order to show for each issue what its linked issues are and then you would be able to find the linked issue in the list in order to check its status.

Output:

image2016-3-22 9:30:55.png

Unfortunately as Nic said above then it is not possible to show the status of linked items as JIRA does not field built in which can display this against the record for the parent issue so this will be the closest that you will be able to get. You can of course save this query as filter in order to display it on a dashboard.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Kristian

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2016

JQL finds issues, it says nothing about how to display the results.

Issue status and linked items is easy, as a lot of places will display it - the obvious one is if you configure your issue navigator to display status and the field "links".

The problem is going to be the status of the linked items - I'm not aware of a way to do that in the issue navigator or many other places.

0 votes
subhajit pal August 12, 2016

Could you pls let me know How I can pass the Issue Key from JIRA to Jenkins Job .This job is getting triggered whenever an issue is getting updated.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events