JIRA service desk, raise on behalf of is not displayed on portal

Hi,

I'm trying to give permission to customers to raise requests on behalf of another user.

I tried many permissions but it is not working for customers, but it is working for admin JIRA user.

I don't want to give admin to my customers of course...

I have a user who have those permissions and still I can't see the field on service desk portal:

• Modify reporter
  • create issues
  • modifiy issues
  • assignable users
  • assign users

This users is part of the following groups:

• Service desk customers
  • jira-users.

Still, it's not working.

How can I display the raise on behalf field in service desk for a customer?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

That function is intended for agents, not customers.  A customer is expected to raise their own calls.  (Imagine your agent is taking calls over the 'phone)

Ok, I understand how it was intended but is it possible to do it? 

I'm not aware of any way you could do this without coding.  Customers are not users, they're not intended to be raising issues for others.

And how and where would you code this?

Service desk does not accept javascript/Jquery script to prevent security breach as I understand it.

They only way I see would be to add a custom field from which I could interpret the value in a listener after creation.  The selected user in this field could be used to set the reporter.

That seems like a hack of the intended behaviour to me, any other ways?

Your idea is roughly where I was headed - the basic idea is that JSD is a layer over the top of JIRA issues, so when yu can't do something in JSD, you head for the underlying data where you can.

It is very much a hack (as customers aren't expected to be doing agent actions), but it'll work fine.

Although, I'd question the requirement too - why isn't the real customer raising it?

Well, the customers is another sector of the businesses and it also has customers.

I believe they want to simplify help desk  and avoid giving many help desk adress to end customers.  

It would probably be better to let the end customers do it - that way, you've only got two people involved and spending time on it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Latin America

Boas vindas e apresentações!

Olá pessoal!   Sejam bem-vindos(as) ao fórum da Comunidade Atlassian! O community.atlassian é uma ferramenta para incentivar e fortalecer a comunidade Atlassian, que até então tinha s...

46 views 2 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you