cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA as a CMDB

B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

I am looking into using JIRA as a small CMDB. My key desire is (for now) to:

1. Create a Project called CMDB

2. Not use the PROJECTKEY-NUMBER as the issue key, but a item name like a server called server1.sub.domain.dk

3. Find another solution to asure uniqueeness / lookup / link capabilities...

Is part 2 possible is any way?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2012

Well, this seems not possible, and changing the key in "jiraissues" and reindexing is not working - just tested it on a development box.

So I will proceed with a CMDB project and a normal key - the Summary will be the FDQN of the server.

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2012

I am not sure what is CMDB but part 2 is difficult to achive without massive changes in the JIRA core code. I wouldn't recommend it because of the nightmare an upgrade can cause if you do so much changes.

It is not just JIRA. Integrations like Confluence, Fisheye etc and maybe few plugins also use that pattern to find JIRA issue keys.

B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2012

I am aware of that, but I can live with most problems, as I might use a standalone JIRA as the CMDB.

But thanks for the input :-)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events