Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA add-on: transactional handling of system events

Alain Sahli February 23, 2017

I'd like to store system events (worklog created/updated/deleted) using a custom made JIRA add-on. Is there a way to use the running transaction that was created in JIRA for the worklog changes? I would like to be sure that when a new worklog was created, updated or deleted it is also stored in another table.

If events are not fired in the same transaction (which is my assumption) I will have to create a cron job that synchronizes my table with the worklog table.

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2017
Alain Sahli February 25, 2017

Hi Volodymyr,

Thanks for your answer. I already created a plugin and I already catch the events. I just would like to know, if there is a way to handle the events in a transactional way. With transaction I mean the JDBC transaction started to save a new worklog into the database.

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2017

Hi Alain,
As I know JIRA API does not expose transactions.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events