Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Service Desk Configuration

David Mora August 22, 2014

Hello,

I am new to JIRA and I have spend a few days reading through the documentation trying to figure out how to configure the Service Desk to my needs. Unfortunately, I have run into a wall that I can't seem to get passed. I need to set up the Service Desk such that there are different queues that will belong to different teams. Each team(queue) will be completely isolated from each other such that no one from queue A can see tickets(Issues) that belong to queue B and vice versa. I tried to implement this but making different issue types that correspond to the different queues but those issues(tickets) are still viewable by everyone who has access to the project(service desk). I tried to fix this by adding a security level to all the queues so that the tickets would only be seen by those given access to that security level. At this point I found another problem with the configuration.

In my environment, the different teams need to be able to transfer tickets between each other so having security levels won't suffice. Queue A won't be able to set the security level to that of "Queue B" because they don't have access to Security level "Queue B". I was trying to change the security level of tickets to effectively "transfer" tickets between the different queues.

Another problem is that the issues cannot be given security levels by default. For this solution to work I would need someone to be adding the security levels to each issue as they are created. Can this be fixed?

I thought about separating the different queues by creating different service desks and having each service desk be a different queue and that would fix the problem of having issues being hidden from other queues. I would be able to "transfer" tickets by moving the issue to another project but I found another problem. Each project has its own customer portal and for this solution to work, each customer portal would need to be able to submit issues into different projects. For example, Customer Portal A would need to be able to submit issues(tickets) to Service Desk A, Service Desk B, or Service Desk C.

Are there any solutions out there to my problems? Like I said earlier, I am new to JIRA and I figured it would be much quicker to ask here than to spend more time reading through documentations.

Thanks,

David

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2014

Hello David.

Here my opinion on this:

• To create different queues you could use different projects and set it to each team.
  • If you use the project approach you can easily move issues between them
  • With differentiating this by projects security levels are not a concern.
  • To centralize all customer portal you could create a default web page linking to each customer portals.

Hope this helps.

Andrey Levin April 16, 2015

it is still luck of usability 1) as a user I have ability to send request via email and directly from web in case of email enterprise prefer to have one only email like helpdesk@company.com and requests will be routed as general type "IT help", then usually there is an 1-st line of support who manage and triage general request into propriate type and project. 2) as a support agent of 1-st line , I need only one "inbox" to work with. In case of setup 1SD for 1Project we get too many inboxes 3) as a support agent of 2-nd, 3-rd line , involved in few work teams, I need too only one "inbox" to control. it's quite impossible to cilck through all SD's I consist in. Being on the wave keeping my SLA. 4) as a boss I want in one page control overall SLA, SLA by team\project http://s019.radikal.ru/i635/1504/27/74d3d496ebe4.jpg

Andrey Levin April 16, 2015

add to the 2-nd: a part of too many inboxes, we can't use one only incoming email.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events