JIRA SOAP Client - Why making it so complicate?

Darya Akbari November 3, 2011

Hi,

I wonder why you guys make it so complicate to become able to program a JIRA SOAP client? Why on earth do I have to install the Atlassian Plugin SDK?

Make this one JAR (jira-soapclient-4.4.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar) somewhere available and good is. It took me a while to follow you in your dungeons to get that JAR.

All I want is to put in and extract out JIRA tasks programmatically, no more no less. And therefore I have to do a whole load of work to get just that JAR file?

Come on guys, you are here to make our world much less complicate then it is already. So why now giving us these head aches over the years?

Kind regards,

darya

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

5 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2011

Or you could use the JIRA SOAP Library

Darya Akbari November 4, 2011

That is what I was looking for!

By the way I don't know why Micha Kops downvote me or my question and upvote Jamie Echlin answers. That is really childish.

The answer that helped me was Bob's answer. And to Micha, if you read the forums a bit more you can see that lot of people go through the same pain for years. So what? Your part was only to play downvote upvote or what?

To Jamie, thanks nevertheless for your answers too.

I recommend that in all documents which describe the JIRA SOAP client you should mention Bob's comment. It's not obvious for someone new at first and can spare lot of time.

Thanks again guys!

Darya Akbari November 4, 2011

to make it round add two more JARs to Bob's jira-soap-4.4.0.jar to your classpath

• axis-jaxrpc-1.3.jar
  • axis-1.3-atlassian-1.jar

and your JIRA SOAP client is ready to go

Darya Akbari November 5, 2011

two more JARs were missing:

• commons-discovery-0.2.jar
  • wsdl4j-1.6.1.jar
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2011

The pom lists all the dependencies (depending on the version) - for example: https://bitbucket.org/bob_swift/jira-soap/src/972bdb40b1fc/pom.xml#cl-85

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2011

Hrm, all you need to do is run wsdl2java on the wsdl url and away you go. I don't know what all that jira-soapclient jar is about... what's it for?

Darya Akbari November 3, 2011
Actually I want simply extract JIRA tasks and do some customized reports on them.There is also no problem with it, the only tedious part and to my opinion unnecessary part was to get the JAR. Hence my recommendation to spare us all from this mess and provide the JAR file for download.
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2011

There is no jar required, unless you can't create the stubs with wsdl2java.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2011
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events