Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Plugin that shows Issue Popup Message if needed

fla_91 August 24, 2016

I am developing a event-listener that listens to worklogs (create, update, delete). f.e.: if i update a worklog, the listener takes the data of that and sends it to an webservice (that stores the data into a seperate database)..

so if it is not possible to change that data in the webservice, i want to signal the user that it wasn't stored their with a message like this:

Unbenannt.PNG

if this message is not possible within JIRA Plug-in, is their another way to show any message?

thanks for your help smile

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2016

Listeners don't do popups, they have no connection to the front end.  What you're seeing is a javascript popup created by a screen at the end of the create process.

The easiest way to do this (which also keeps logs) would be to have a custom field on the issue.  The listener runs, tries to make the updates, and if it fails, puts something into the field to tell the user that it has failed (and why) and then maybe you can trigger it again.

fla_91 August 30, 2016

thanks for your answer, creating an email that the plugin sends to the user i think is a better solution, because it should not happen often (maybe about 1 or 2 times per month)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events