cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[JIRA Plugin] Add attachments from email and update issue change history

Ricardo Joseph
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2013

Hi All,

Please may I get some assistance.

I am able to add attachments to issues from mail items using the following call:

messageHandlerContext.createAttachment(fileToAttach, fileName, attachment.getContentType(), user, mutableIssue);

However I cannot workout how to update the Issue's change history if the mail item is a response with an attachment added.

Any thoughts?

5 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2013

Hi

Read this link carefully, it gives you the answer

https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/5.1.6/com/atlassian/jira/service/util/handler/MessageHandlerContext.html

you should call this IssueUpdater.doUpdate(com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.IssueUpdateBean, boolean)

inorder to change the history of the issue.

Ricardo Joseph
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2013

I found the below just before I went to lunch:

https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/attachment/29963/AttachFile.java

and with a little reading I found that exact call.

But as you have provided the answer I shall mark this as such.

Thank you for your time.

1 vote
Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2013

Hi Ricardo,

When you create a issue , then no entry gets created in issue history .

but if you update any field through post-function , then the entry goes into the issue while creating it.

After creation of issue only , any updation to issue have their entry in the history.so , attachment will not be reflected in the history.

Since , you are creating the issue through mail no updation will be reflected in history

Ricardo Joseph
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2013

Hi Dipti,

Sorry I should edit my question,

I need to apply this based on mail responses with attachments...

Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2013

I think he has the issue and he is creating attachments for that issue.

Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2013

Hi Nitram,

Let me know what wrong i have said that you have downvoted my comment.

the changehistory api only gets history details.(doesnt update history)

@Ricardo,

is the create attachment through mail done by you , a issue update event ?

Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2013

@Dipti Ranjan Behera

Your logic may be correct but that is not his question, he wants to change the history for an existing issue.

1 vote
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2013

Hi,

I dono this is right but you can try this

com.atlassian.jira.issue.changehistory

Issue mutableissue;

mutableissue.changeHistory()

use this method to change it.

Hope this helps.

Ricardo Joseph
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2013

Hi Nitram,

I do not see that method when viewing the JIRA 5 API.

Could you please provide me with a link in the event I have missed it?

Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2013

In this link https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/5.0/ search for the package

Package com.atlassian.jira.issue.changehistory

you will be able to fin it out.

Hope this Helps.

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2013

Hi,

Here is a detailed doc about change history, read this

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Change+History

Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2013

What is the object of messageHandlerContext ?

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2013

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events