Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Issue Navigator Display of Sub-tasks

Mary Fricke May 13, 2013

I have been requested to provide an issue display with sub-tasks that also displays the summary description of sub-tasks in the sub-task column for an issue row where the issues are ordered by a Greenhopper Rank custom field. For example, looking at

Parent Issue Rank Sub-Tasks Columns

--------------------------------------------------------

Sub-Task 1 Summary

Sub Task 2 Summary

-----------------------------------------------------------

When a user adds "sub-tasks" using the column configurator, a link to the sub-task is shown in a table cell but the user must navigate to the sub-task to find out what the sub-task pertains to.

I have tried using the Script Runner to create an email with the table that meets the display requirement. This works, I can display all fields except the custom Rank field from Greenhopper.

I cannot figure out how to get the Greenhopper Rank for a custom field of RANK type which is displayed in the isssue navigator using Groovy. I have tried using an SQL query and the Greenhopper API.

The linked list database table for rank used in Greenhopper makes it difficult to associate the rank with a complex parent / child issue query.

Use of the Greenhopper API service classes returns null for most Rank classes except the RankService Class, the interface of which does not permit a rank lookup for a specific issue.

A plugin is probably required, but the deadline for this is approaching and getting up to speed on developing plugin has been a challenge.

Is there any non-plugin solution to this requirment?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

IMO you could read the rank as any other customfield. issue.getCustomFieldValue(cfRank) returns a long (if cfRank is the Rank customfield). Maybe this helps?

Mary Fricke May 13, 2013

Is cfRank of CustomField type? How is this instantiated for say an id = 100106 or Name = "Custom_Rank_Name" in the Script Runner? There seem to be multiple CustomField classes...

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

Yes it is.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField

CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()

CustomField cfRank = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue)?.find {it.name == 'Rank'}

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events