Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA CLI integration with KCF Pro?

Kenneth Breslow June 2, 2016

I'm currently attempting to use JIRA CLI to create issues from confluence pages and set the value of Kepler custom fields for that issue automatically. Below is the code that I attempted to use:

--action createIssue
--project COS --type "Costing"
--summary "$Agent $Supplier %data:Filter-ProductCategory% for $space_name"
--reporter $current_user_id
--field "Salesperson" --value "%data:SalespersonID%"
--custom "Dock Link:$page_tinyurl,Buyer:%data:BuyerName%,Sales Assistant:%data:SupportRep%" 
--field2 "Product" --values2 "Strawberries"

When I press the load button to create the issue, the following error pops up:

Remote error: customfield_12401 (Product): Operation value must be a string

The problem is the last line of the CLI Macro: the "Product" custom field is a KCF Field, which uses an array like below to store data:

[key, value]

See the documentation here: KCF Documentation. I'm wondering if it's possible pass values into this array through JIRA CLI. It may be worth noting that when the value of KCF fields are printed into the summary of a JIRA issue, the output looks like this:

value|value

We don't have a problem passing values into other custom fields that are not KCF, but that's probably because they don't store values in arrays. Any help would be much appreciate.

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2016

This is being covered by JCLI-970.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events