Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA 6.2: JIRA is having difficulty contacting fisheye. If this condition persists, please contact your JIRA administrators

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2014

I'm getting the message: JIRA is having difficulty contacting fisheye. If this condition persists, please contact your JIRA administrators within issues. Fisheye is working fine and the application link is set, the dashboard shows fisheye changes, etc. all fine. I don't know how to resolve this issue within issues, right side, development section.

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2014
Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2014

I've had problems with OAUTH as I don't use SSL and I don't use port numbers with custom tomcat configs. I'll give it another try and see. It's a shame other than oauth methods are not supported.

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2014

Enabling OAUTH worked, thanks.

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2014

It would have probably helped and saved me time, you time, and other's time if JIRA detected OAUTH was disabled and not even shown the developer section OR posted a message that OAUTH is required for this feature.

annu tewari August 12, 2019

Hello,

I have enabled OAUTH both in JIRA and FISHEYE. Even then am getting the same message.

Please help with the problem and solution for this.

Regards,

Annu

1 vote
Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2014

Could you have certificates that are outdated? This will be especially important if your sites run over SSL and you have a certificate that has not been updated.

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2014

We don't use SSL or OAUTH. JIRA is communicating to Fisheye find elsewhere, just not in the issue page.

0 votes
Jeff Miller July 16, 2014

We don't use SSL, but do use OATH (with 2LO enabled). In Stash, I can see the JIRA issues linked to commits. I can click on them and bring them up. From the other direction, however... in JIRA, the development panel on my issue shows the "JIRA is having difficulty contacting Stash." AAARRRGGGG!

0 votes
James Sweeney March 2, 2014

I'm having the same issue with JIRA & Stash, using Trusted Applications, not OAuth. We are running over SSL, but that wasn't an issue prior to the upgrade

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events