Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA 5.2.2 - tag not working in custom plugin

German Rodriguez December 18, 2012

Tried to use the <valid-searcher> tag within a custom field type descriptor, in order to re-use a searcher from an existing field. However, the tag doesn't seem to be working, although my plugin is compiled without trouble.

For example, I have this custom field type that extends UserCFType, so I would like to re-use the "UserPickerGroupSearcher":

<customfield-type key="ticketcreator" name="Ticket Creator" class="com.newedge.jira.plugin.customfields.TicketCreatorCFType">
<description>Captures the information of the user that is creating a JIRA issue, whether it is the Reporter of an issue or not.</description>
<resource type="velocity" name="view" location="templates/customfields/view/view-ticketcreator.vm" />
<resource type="velocity" name="edit" location="templates/customfields/edit/edit-ticketcreator.vm" />
<resource type="velocity" name="xml" location="templates/customfields/xml/xml-ticketcreator.vm" />

<valid-searcher package="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes" key="userpickergroupsearcher"/>

</customfield-type>

However, after I upload my custom plugin, the "Ticket Creator" field is not listed in the search criteria, even when it is configured with Global scope.

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2012

Did you also apply the searcher for the custom field that you created for that type? Delcaring it in atlassian-plugin.xml will only make it available for the fields, you will have to manually apply it.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+a+Custom+Field#ConfiguringaCustomField-SearchTemplate

0 votes
German Rodriguez December 22, 2012

You're right, I forgot about that...

Thanks so much... I've appliced the new searches through the CF configuration...

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events