Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JEMH regexp fp on subject and match on custom field in subtask

Joost Damen October 21, 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to fetch Third Party Ticket numbers out of the subject of emails.

We administer Third Party Tickets in our own ticket number as subtasks of a parent issue regarding our 'real' issue.

We enter the Third Party Ticket number received upon ticket creation in a custom field (Text Field Single Line) 'Third party ticket number'.

I can't get it working with JIRA Enterprise Mail Handler (JEMH)

In the email settings in my profile i found this line:

Subject IssueKey (comment) Regexps : \(([A-Z]+-[0-9]+)\),[A-Z]+-[0-9]+

I checked the second regexp in row and it matched the regexp i'm using so i was hoping that was it....

JEMH keeps creating new issues although there is a issue (subtask) present with the number i'm testing with in the subject,

I've attached my regexp fp settings, hope someone can help me out.

JEMH-regexp.png

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2014

Hi, from what I can see your subject should be something like C=12345678, which will be looked for in a TEXT custom field 'Third party ticket number', if not in the given Resolved status.  Looks ok!

Without more of an example I cant really do more, please log a support ticket at:

There, attach your Profile XML so I have your config, and a JEMH auditing export of a complete email you've tried to process.

If you check the detail drill down in the Auditing section, it tells you which Field Processor was used.  If it says anything other than Regexp, it didn't match or wasn't used for some reason.

There is a detailed logfile that can be generated;

https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/Installation,+Setup+and+Logging

If possible, configure for that, and attach on the ticket for the execution of a given test case.

Joost Damen October 22, 2014

Hi Andy, I've created a support ticket this morning. https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH-2945 Looking forward to hear from you, Thanks!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events