It is possible for P2 plugin to put content into customer request view in JIRA Service Desk?

Brad Albright July 21, 2016

I have developed a cloud plugin which has a panel in the request view of the customer portal in JIRA Service Desk (cloud). I am trying to do the same now in a P2 plugin for JIRA Service Desk Server. In the cloud plugin, I was able to create a panel using info from here:

https://developer.atlassian.com/jiracloud/jira-service-desk-modules-customer-portal-39988271.html#JIRAServiceDeskmodules-Customerportal-Requestviewpanel

The information in that link is specific to how to do it for the cloud, I cannot find a doc that has the same info for the server version. The server documentation for JIRA Service Desk doesn't mention UI integration much at all. I tried creating a <web-panel> in my atlassian-plugin.xml that uses location="serviceDeskPortalRequestViewPanel" but it didn't work.

Any pointers to the right direction would be appreciated, or if this is not possible (I would think it should be).

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Grégory Joseph
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2016

Hey Brad,

This will be available in the upcoming 3.2 release. As you guessed, you'll be working with <web-item>s and <web-panel>s. The location for the web-panel you're looking for is servicedesk.portal.request.panels - we'll document other existing locations once the release goes out.

Brad Albright July 26, 2016

Thanks, I have downloaded the EAP of 3.2. Do you mind me also asking this: to have web resources included on this page (like css or js file for example) what context would I use? I read in other Atlassian answers to use "customerportal", but it doesn't seem to be working for me (files don't seem to get loaded from using browser dev tools) unless I am doing something wrong:

&lt;web-resource key="web-resources-customer-portal" name="Customer Portal Web Resources"&gt;
    &lt;dependency&gt;com.atlassian.auiplugin:ajs&lt;/dependency&gt;
    &lt;resource type="download" name="test.css" location="/css/test.css"/&gt;
    &lt;resource type="download" name="example.js" location="/js/example.js"/&gt;
    &lt;resource type="download" name="images/" location="/images"/&gt;
    &lt;context&gt;customerportal&lt;/context&gt;
  &lt;/web-resource&gt;

Thanks again!

mina
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2016

So adding JS and CSS resources on the page is only possible on Server. If you're on Server, yes "customerportal" should work. Are you sure your plugin is installed and enabled in "Manage Add-ons"? You might want to verify that those resources are indeed bundled in your plugin JAR as well.

Brad Albright July 27, 2016

Apologies, it was a mistake on my part.

BradA September 6, 2016

Gregory or Mina,

Would you be so kind to clue me in on a similar question? I am also trying to integrate to the sub header panel in the customer portal. I correctly guessed the location of "servicedesk.portal.subheader", however I want to restrict which pages the add-on shows on. In the cloud docs it mentions there is a "pages" property where you can put a list of pages to restrict the visibility. However, for server I haven't stumbled upon how to do this after some trial and error. Can you tell me how to do this for server?

Thanks in advance.

mina
Atlassian Team
September 6, 2016

Hey Brad, I just answered your other question, but I'll leave this here too for anybody else: The dev docs are now on https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-applications/jira-service-desk

1 vote
mina
Atlassian Team
July 24, 2016

Hi Brad, just confirming here too: this will be available in JSD server v3.2.0 (so next release), we will have a development doc for server as well!

Brad Albright July 25, 2016

Thanks Mina, sorry I should have checked the other site first. Thanks again!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events