Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ist it possible to customise user profile? [CONFLUENCE]

Max Madjarov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2013

Hi,

i've a question... is it possible to customise user profile according to my needs? I mean, to add a new pannels in bottom to "about me" and so on...

Tanks a lot!!! :-)

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2013

Hi Max,

Yes, this is possible through a variety of means. You can go about this either through the development of a custom Java plugin to suit your needs, or by editing Confluence's source code directly and deploying a custom-built version of Confluence.

You will need some intermediate/advanced knowledge of Java development in order to achieve this. A good place to start is our developer documentation: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Writing+Confluence+Plugins

Max Madjarov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2013

Thanks Joseph,

i do not want to edit Confluence's source code due of update secure reasons...

i wrote a plugin and i have tried to overwrite viewuserprofile Action.

<xwork key="${atlassian.plugin.key}.action" name="Page Actions" >
        <package name="users" extends="users" namespace="/users">
            <default-interceptor-ref name="validatingStack" />

<action name="viewuserprofile"  class="de.twt.confluence.plugins.actions.ViewSkillsAction">
                <!--result name="success" type="velocity">/templates/user/viewmyskillsTab.vm</result-->
                <result name="success" type="velocity" >/users/viewmyprofile.vm</result>
            </action>
        </package>

and to put some more THINGS to "profile.group.business", BUT my action will be never executed!

public class ViewSkillsAction extends ViewUserProfileAction
        implements UserAware {

/**
     */
    private UserServiceImpl userService;
    /**
     */
    private UserSkillServiceImpl userSkillService;
    /**
     */
    private Boolean doShowEditSkillsLink = Boolean.TRUE;
    /**
     */
    private Map<String, CategorySkillHolderVO> userCategorySkills = Maps.newHashMap();

@Override
    public final String execute(){
        String userName = ServletActionContext.getRequest().getParameter("username");
        User user = AuthenticatedUserThreadLocal.getUser();

UserVO userVO = userService.fetchUserByEmail(user);

if (userName != null && !userName.equals("") && !userVO.getUserName().equals(userName)) {
            userVO = userService.fetchUserByUserName(userName);
            doShowEditSkillsLink = Boolean.FALSE;
        }

userCategorySkills = userSkillService.fetchSkillsForUserCategory(userVO);

getContext().put("test", "Test Text");
        userDetailsManager.setStringProperty(user, "test" , "Test Text");

return SUCCESS;
    }

i have no idea, why?

Thanks

Max Madjarov
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2013

Thanks Joseph,

to override confluence actions i'm using a Conveyer "Framework". And it works. Now, i need to add some more content to viewmyprofile.vm. No metter where, just for test. Can you say me, how can i do it?

Thanks!!!

Max Madjarov
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2013

is it possible to hijack a velocity .vm file? For example, i want to hijack viewmyprofile.vm. I have overriden ViewMyProfileAction with Conveyer and i want to get viewmyprofile.vm and inject some more "info" in the page.

Thanks!!!

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2013

It's not easy to inject content into a velocity template in Confluence core. I think the easier thing to do is copy the template from Confluence and copy it into your plugin, then edit it as desired.

1 vote
StephanieC
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2013

Hi Max,

take a look at our User Profile Plugin. You can add further information to display and have different macros to show the user profile. Just contact us if you need more help with this topic.

Greetings, Stephanie

StephanieC
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2014

Hi Max, thank you for raising an issue at our ticket system. Unfortunately you did not leave your e-mail address to contact you. You can also register yourself, if you want. Regarding your question, whether you can adapt the information of the hover card. With User Profiles for Confluence you can choose, which information will be displayed in the hover card (as well as the People Directory). You can set the visibility for every profile element each: https://support.communardo.de/display/upp/Administrator+Guide+Release+1.10#AdministratorGuideRelease1.10-ConfigurationofElements–AddandEdit Please let me know, if this is what you are looking for or if you need further assistance. Greetings Stephanie Hoffmann Communardo Support

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events