Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue status is not changed after successful transition via Java API

Tolga T January 31, 2017

Hello,

I am facing a weird problem with JIRA Java API. Below is the snippet code.

I make a transition which changes issue's status from WAITING FOR SUPPORT to RESOLVED with resolution DONE. 

IssueInputParameters issueInputParameters = issueService.newIssueInputParameters();
issueInputParameters.setRetainExistingValuesWhenParameterNotProvided(true, true);
issueInputParameters.setResolutionId(resolutionId);
IssueService.TransitionValidationResult transitionResult = issueService.validateTransition(user, issue.getId(), action.getId(), issueInputParameters);
IssueResult result = issueService.transition(user, transitionResult);
//result.isValid == true

However, as seen in the screenshot below there is a successful changelog regarding the status change but Issue's Status does not. Issue's status is WAITING FOR SUPPORT, but changelog says that it should have changed to RESOLVED.

jira screenshot.png

This code was working well before.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tolga

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Guilherme Nogueira
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2017

Why don't you put a postfunction to change resolution value during transition to waiting for support to done?

With that, your script must to only transition issue

Tolga T February 1, 2017

Yep that's an alternative, it just needs configuration for each Service Desk project. Code was working before and I can not figure out why it is not working now.

Guilherme Nogueira
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2017

Well your code looks ok, that's why I suggested this alternative. 

Tolga T February 1, 2017

appreciate your help. Thank you.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2017

You can't run a transition inside another one - the containing transition isn't complete, so the invoked one doesn't run properly as the current status is in flux.

Tolga T February 1, 2017

Transition is triggered by another issue's transition.

There are two issues. One is Service Desk issue and another one is an issue of any project which is linked Service Desk issue. When linked issue is resolved, I want to have the Service Desk issue resolved too by programmatically.

(PS: I can not resolve Service Desk issue with Automation because I want to wait for all linked issues to be resolved. And when last linked issues is resolved, main Service Desk isssue needs to be resolved. )

Sorry for the lack of information.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events