It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there any way to create a form in confluence and save the inputted data into my own database?

Hi Atlassians,

is there a way to save the inputted data after submitting into a MSSQL Database?

What do I need?

I'm not sure how to approach this or if it's possible?

Thanks in advance

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I doesn't want to save the data in the internal database. I found a solution for myself by using pocketQuery with a custom template

Hey Marvin. Great! How did you do it?

Hey Marvin. I really want to know how did you do it?

Hi Marvin,

My name is Rafael Franco and I'm the Tech Lead of the Product Team here at Adaptavist. I believe you are referring to the plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.adaptavist.confluence.formMailNG/server/overview 

With Forms for Confluence the submitted Form data is stored in Confluence, so you can access it and visualise it.

Let me know if you need any help with it.

Regards,

Rafael

Hi Milo,

I would be interested in understanding why you prefer ConfiForms. Is there any feature it has that Forms for Confluence doesn't?

Regards,

Rafael

It seems to have many of the same functions as other form-building macros, but I had a need that only ConfiForms was able to accomplish: I needed to create a form that would be used to generate another form.

So this was for onboarding new employees and the managers wanted to be able to customize the tasks that would be on each individual's list. I was able to build a form with checkboxes that would then generate the customized form.

Thanks for your answer Milo. The same can be achieved using Forms for Confluence with Conditional fields that you build your form based on customer input.

Dear Marvin,

There are few plugins are available to Create custom forms in Confluence and save the responses directly in the internal database : Forms for Confluence

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.adaptavist.confluence.formMailNG/server/overview

Also you can check one more plugin : Easy Forms for Confluence

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.artemissoftware.confluence.easyforms.EasyForms/server/overview

Hope this works!

Regards,

Siddheshwar

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted 3 hours ago in United States

Atlassian Government Symposium

Good day members, Not sure if you are aware that Atlassian will be hosting a Government Symposium on May 1st, 2019 in Washington DC. For more details please click here If you have any questions...

12 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you