Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to create a form in confluence and save the inputted data into my own database?

Marvin Gooßens August 29, 2016

Hi Atlassians,

is there a way to save the inputted data after submitting into a MSSQL Database?

What do I need?

I'm not sure how to approach this or if it's possible?

Thanks in advance

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marvin Gooßens August 30, 2016

I doesn't want to save the data in the internal database. I found a solution for myself by using pocketQuery with a custom template

Alejandro Molina November 25, 2016

Hey Marvin. Great! How did you do it?

Alejandro Molina December 20, 2016

Hey Marvin. I really want to know how did you do it?

1 vote
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2016

I prefer ConfiForms.

Rafael Franco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2016

Hi Milo,

I would be interested in understanding why you prefer ConfiForms. Is there any feature it has that Forms for Confluence doesn't?

Regards,

Rafael

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2016

It seems to have many of the same functions as other form-building macros, but I had a need that only ConfiForms was able to accomplish: I needed to create a form that would be used to generate another form.

So this was for onboarding new employees and the managers wanted to be able to customize the tasks that would be on each individual's list. I was able to build a form with checkboxes that would then generate the customized form.

Rafael Franco
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2016

Thanks for your answer Milo. The same can be achieved using Forms for Confluence with Conditional fields that you build your form based on customer input.

1 vote
Rafael Franco
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2016

Hi Marvin,

My name is Rafael Franco and I'm the Tech Lead of the Product Team here at Adaptavist. I believe you are referring to the plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.adaptavist.confluence.formMailNG/server/overview 

With Forms for Confluence the submitted Form data is stored in Confluence, so you can access it and visualise it.

Let me know if you need any help with it.

Regards,

Rafael

0 votes
Siddheshwar mhetre
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2016

Dear Marvin,

There are few plugins are available to Create custom forms in Confluence and save the responses directly in the internal database : Forms for Confluence

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.adaptavist.confluence.formMailNG/server/overview

Also you can check one more plugin : Easy Forms for Confluence

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.artemissoftware.confluence.easyforms.EasyForms/server/overview

Hope this works!

Regards,

Siddheshwar

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events