Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way of grouping my favorite filters into folders and display the folders on the Dashboard? If not is there a Third Party plug-in for this?

Tim Tim August 15, 2011

Would like a capability to group my Favorite Filters into Folders to better manage them by a release version, group, etc.. So when I display my Favorite Filters on the Dashboard instead of seeing 25 different filters I can see "Favorite Filter Folders" (with similar filters in each folder) and maybe one or more filters by themselves that I didn't assign to a folder.

EXAMPLE of a possible Folder structure with filters:

Folder 1 (Release v1.0)

Filter 1

Filter 2

Filter 3

Filter 4

Folder 2 (Release v2.0)

Filter 1

Filter 2

Filter 3

Folder 3 (Release v2.1)

Filter 1

Folder 4 (Workflow Statuses)

CREATED

CCB DEV_QUEUE

ASSIGNED

WORKING

BUILD_READY

TEST_READY

VERIFIED

Filter ABCDEF

Filter 123456

Filter XYZ

7 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

3 votes
Manu Goel May 14, 2014

Pretty old question, but it is still relevant. I am facing similar problem.

I am part of multiple projects and in all projects I have roughly similar kind of filters. On an average 5 filters per project. Soon the list in the "Favourite Filters" gadget starts to get overwhelming. Is there a way I can group filters (by project or just by manually grouping them) so that I can create separate dashboards and select only the ones I want to see on each one?

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 vote
Shinoj B July 13, 2019

This topic has been open for so many years and surprising to see it is not getting addressed !

1 vote
Brian Taylor February 9, 2018

There is a request open for this feature at Atlassian - so that you can vote for the feature https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-25386 

1 vote
Lotus Support September 1, 2017

Nothing yet?

Brian Taylor February 9, 2018

There is a request open for this feature at Atlassian - so that you can vote for the feature https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-25386 

Like Amy J Luckette likes this
0 votes
Hua Soon SIM _Akeles_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 30, 2019

Hi,

That was one of the use cases for developing the Menu Gadget.

It is a free app.

A possible case for extending the plugin is to use the Dashboard Folders app so that each dashboard can contain different menu gadgets for different teams or use cases.

0 votes
Craig Brehmer January 13, 2017

I'll ask this question again, any updates on the ability to group filters to make managing filters easier?

0 votes
hrzadnn July 30, 2014

So, is there any development regarding this question?

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events