Is there an alternative way to participate in the Marketplace without using the Atlassian SDK?

Donna Ong November 27, 2012

Our company is interested in building an iOS app for JIRA and putting it in the Marketplace. The Developer Marketplace site says we need to have an Atlassian SDK to participate in the Marketplace. Is there an alternative way if we don't utilize the SDK?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

Yes, you still have a 'listing' on the Marketplace, but manage your own payment, thereby becoming 'paid via Vendor' such as:

- https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.javahollic.jira.jemh-ui

- https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.gliffy.integration.confluence

To do this, you of course will need to create your own licensing solution.

Marketplace licensing is really targetting application plugins, and isn't I think applicable to remote stand-alone products, someone correct me if Im wrong. Are you intending to have any 'jira' component' deployed or is it to be entirely remote?

Donna Ong November 28, 2012
Hi Andy,
We plan on creating a dashboard that will retrieve data from the jira servers regarding a specific company's information so i dont think it will require a jira component
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2012

I think that text is specifically referring to Paid via Atlassian plugins that deploy within the application. Potentially you could market anything (approved) on Marketplace, a standalone application included. If you are able to use REST then yes, you'll not need anything on JIRA and wont need the SDK (esp if you're on iOs)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events