Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to add start/end sprint dates with out the sprint being active?

MattCipollone October 26, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Building a backlog

Is there a way to add start/end dates to sprints without the sprint being active?  I have a hack workaround where I put the date in the sprint name for now.  I would find it useful to be able to create a rolling sprint plan including sprint start/end dates, with not making future sprints active, well because they are not.

Our sprint dates are consistently 2 weeks and are not likely to change.  We are running JIRA v7.0.0 with JIRA Agile v7.0.4-D20150923T101309

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
scherbank October 3, 2017

In my teams we also use dates in name in planning mode and remove them once sprint starts.

You can try to use Versions and assign all planned issues to this version (whole sprint scope).

0 votes
Jared Dohrman [Design Industries]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2015

Hi @MattCipollone,

You can create multiple sprints and move them up and down so that they are in the correct order (e.g. Sprint 1, Sprint 2, Sprint 3).

You can also look at making a change to Agile to allow multiple sprints to be running by going to Admin > Applications > JIRA Software labs > and enable Parallel Sprints.

NOTE: I have not tested this, it is just a suggestion as you could potentially run more than one sprint with a future sprint date... 

Let me know how you go.

Thanks,

Jared - Design Industries

David Hergert _PAYX_ October 26, 2015

I know we (I work with Matt) have Parallel Sprints enabled. I think we're trying to avoid having several parallel sprints going in simultaneously because by adding/removing stories to those sprints affects their scope change and other reports.

Jared Dohrman [Design Industries]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2015

Alternatively you could always use FixVersion/s? They allow you to put start / end dates on, and you can view the health of your "version" via the Release hub.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events