Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a static header or a way to lock content in place despite scrolling?

Ross Carlton July 14, 2016

I want to be able to lock the position of text boxes, macros, and/or sections so that the content will not move as the user scrolls down the page. A static header is the closest example I can think of, but it doesn't need to be at the top of the page. It could be on the side or the bottom. Is there a macro or plug-in to accomplish this? If there isn't an out of the box solution, what would you suggest? I am a novice coder. 

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nils Merkle July 18, 2016

From a novice to another: This Stylesheet worked for me smile

Put the content, you want to lock in a DIV. "position: fixed;" leaves the DIV in the same spot even if you scroll. If you work with the macros "section" an "column", you can make sure, that you have always enough space, where you want your textboxes to be locked, if it is either on the left or right side of your page.

image2016-7-18 18:15:22.png

Ross Carlton July 18, 2016

Hello Nils,

I am using Confluence 5.7.3

When I use the html div/span macro it gives me a drop down field for position and fixed is not an option. I can't enter any of my own values either. How do I get around the macro and use code?

Nils Merkle July 18, 2016

Use the div macro without a value for position. Just give it an unique ID like "yourid" or "tofix" or ...

With the macro CSS Stylesheet you can change and define every value of the div. you select it with #yourid and you define values in the {brackets} like for example position:fixed;

For more information about css, I'd suggest you visit this site: http://www.w3schools.com/css/

That's where I look for CSS parameters and values. 

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2016
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events