Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a Java library for the Xray REST API?

Dominik February 8, 2016

Hi,

I use Java to communicate with JIRA to create Xray tests and populate fields. This is quite easy with Atlassian's jira-rest-java-client-api. However, specific Xray REST operations (e.g., to add a Pre-Condition to a Test) are missing.

Before I try coding it myself, I'd like to know if there is any Java wrapper for the Xray REST interface already out there or under development...

Regards,
Dominik

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

4 votes
Answer accepted
André Miguel Pereira Rodrigues February 10, 2016

Hi Dominik,

No currently there is no Java Wrapper already out or under development for the Xray Rest API, but you can make a rest call from java to do the specific Xray Rest operations you want to. 

In the next Xray release 1.12.0 we are gonna release a new Xray Rest API that will allow you to do more operations that you currently are not able too, but for example adding a Pre-condition to a test is only planned for release 2.0.0. If you wish you can watch it here.

Best Regards,
André Rodrigues

Dominik February 16, 2016

Thanks for your explanation. Then it will take at least until Sept. 2016 before I can add Pre-Conditions through the Xray REST interface...

3 votes
Luis III August 26, 2016

https://github.com/wapophis/XrayJiraRestClient cover the same functionality than the rest api exposed by default.

Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2016

It would be great to update this JAVA client to the latest REST API improvements brought with Xray for JIRA v2.0.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events