Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to receive notifications of certain blog posts by label?

Daniel Smith October 5, 2014

We have a team who regularly blog their release notes in confluence and they want key people to be notified by email when these blogs are published. They give each release notes blog the same label.

The team also blogs about many other things and they don't want to send email notifications every time they blog so they are not keen to use the notify watchers when every blog is published in a space to reduce spam.

So is it possible to just notify people when certain blogs are published i.e. only notify if blog has the following notifications...

Would this help my needs? 

getNotificationsByLabel

https://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-confluence/latest/com/atlassian/confluence/mail/notification/NotificationManager.html#addLabelNotification(com.atlassian.user.User

5 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2014

Hello Daniel,

I believe it's not possible to watch blog posts by label specifically. I couldn't find this functionality. This answer might help you to watch specific contents by label though: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/55659

Just to make sure I understood correctly, you would like to set users notifications to watch and receive notifications when a blog post of a specific label is added, correct?

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes
Lukasz Bec October 10, 2017

@Rodrigo Girardi Adami

Hello,

Has anything changed in that topic? 

Atlassian documantation says:

"(..)You will not receive email notifications for content changes due to the output of a macro, because the page content itself hasn't been edited(...)."

Is there a way to get email notifications, if a blog post or page containing specific label is published?

0 votes
Djacob_No April 29, 2016

I second this function. We have one space for our department with multiple pages that all have their own blog feed filtered by label. When people watch a specific page they will not receive a notification when the feed is updated, even though that's the main thing that gets regular updates. 

0 votes
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2016

Hi Daniel, Timo,

Better Blogs is focused on improving the blog watching behaviour. We do not have blog watching by label today yet would be happy to investigate this functionality if you feel it would be valuable and are happy to guide the implementation.

Please email me at nick@arijea.com if you are keen to explore further.

Thanks,
Nicholas Muldoon
Founder & Product Manager
Arijea 

0 votes
Timo Holm November 18, 2015

Hi,

We have faced this same problem: we could like to watch specific blog posts by label. Has this feature been implemented yet in new Confluence versions?

Regards,

Timo

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events