Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change the sharing of all dashboards and filters created by a user group?

Scott Harman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2013

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has any groovy or jelly scripts that would allow me to change all of the shared dashboards and filters - and if there's a way to restrict them by default to anything at all other than 'shared with all users'

We've got over 1200 filters and over 300 dashboards which are shared with absolutely everyone, and before fixing properly, I'd quite like to prevent our customers from seeing them all

It makes it nearly impossible for them to find the rational ones we want them to see

Oddly as a system admin I thought I would be able to tweak and change the permissions for existing filters - so I'm hoping someone has a cunningly crafted script ;)

6 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Heyne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

yes, a database update will do the job
table name is portalpage

please check here other involved tables and more details:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/133996/script-to-add-dashboard-to-others-favorites?page=1#134233

it is done via insert statements but should be work with update statement in favouriteassociations as well

Scott Harman
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2013

the challenge was working out which creators needed to be updated ;) I've changed the owner of some of the customer-facing filters to be a specific user, which makes bulk changes easier (i.e. so I can exclude the ones that I wanted to be shared with all from the update)

Thomas Heyne
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2013

nice to hear that it was working finally

1 vote
Raimar Falke April 1, 2015

There is now a new add-on called Prevent Anonymous Access which was developed to combat this problem in a simple and secure way. By installing this add-on the admin can be sure that only logged in users are able to interact with this JIRA. This is much simpler than removing the "share with everyone" option by patching JIRA or regular search for filters/dashboards which are shared with everyone.

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2013
Also customers won't see any content via dashboards and filters as long as the projects are having right permissions. A direct database update is an option. I guess the table name is 'portal' for dashboards.
1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2013

Personally I don't have a script for this, although it would not be hard to write one, because I'm not sure there is a real problem here.

One of my instances has at least 10x times as many filters and dashboards as you mention, and I have no idea how many are shared with everyone, but it doesn't really matter. It's not like they're forced on you, unless you're using a very old version of jira.

> It makes it nearly impossible for them to find the rational ones we want them to see

Can't you just send them the link(s)? And tell them to favourite them, or write a script to favourite them on their behalf?

I have patched jira to prevent users subscribing the jira-users group to filter subscriptions, which really is harmful, presumably you could do the same for other types of sharing if you really need to.

Scott Harman
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2013

Hi Jamie

The issue is there are certain parties that are upset that customers might be able to discern that we have many many bugs, and many many old bugs ;)

I think if I could default to not sharing with 'all users' that would be a good thing - and I suppose I could use a greasemonkey script to hide that option (as I think the greasemonkey equivalent is avaialble in my version of Jira)

I suppose the easiest thing to do, is to show people how to identify the owner - then they can contact the owner and tell them to fix it themselves ;)

0 votes
srikanth_ccx January 12, 2017

what is the table name that holds information of custom fields in Jira? we are looking to integrate silk central with JIRA in our organisation. so we would like to know the table name that holds custom fields information in JIRA database. Needs help. Any kind of response would be appreciated.

Thanks! 

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2013
Also customers won't see any content via dashboards and filters as long as the projects are having right permissions. A direct database update is an option. I guess the table name is 'portal' for dashboards.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events