Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to add plugin v1 or JAR library to system-bundle?

Marek Adamek October 28, 2012

Hello,

According to this article (https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Setting+OSGi+Manifest+Instructions+in+your+Plugin#SettingOSGiManifestInstructionsinyourPlugin-Usingthird-partycode) putting a jar into WEB_INF/lib dictionary does not make the classes inside the jar jira-wide accessible. How can I make it so?

The problem is I have a plugin (version 1) that provides some interfaces (without implementation), that are used by other plugins (version 2) to implement these interfaces. However when I add dependency to plugin v1 inside pom.xml of plugin v2 with provided scope, then the interface cannot be found (class not found exception during atlas-run). When I use compile scope then I get class cast exception as interfaces are loaded by different classloaders.

How can I make to use the provided scope, but force plugin v2 classloader to see the interface?

Thanks in advance,
Marek

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Maxim Abramovich October 29, 2012

When I upgraded JIRA 3 to 4 I used dirty hack: atlassian-plugins-osgi-2.8.1.jar has list of defaults imports in txt files. I just add my packages to osgi-packages.txt file. It works.

But it is dirty hack. Good way - it is convert plugin.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2012

interesting hack. Never noticed that jar before!

0 votes
Akeles
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2012

You are right. You can add the following arguments to the setenv.bat/setenv.sh

Replace com.myplugin.* accordingly

set JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS=-Datlassian.org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation=sun.*,com.sun.*,com.myplugin.*

Boot delegation occurs when the plugin's class loader delegates to the JVM "boot class loader" to load a class, rather than loading the class itself or delegating to another bundle's class loader. And classes in the WEB-INF/lib are loaded by the JVM boot class loader.

0 votes
Akeles
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2012

Have you tried loading the classes in the v1 plugin using boot delegation?

Marek Adamek October 29, 2012

I haven't. I'm a bit new to OSGi framework. Could you share some details how to use boot delegation in Jira? Should I modify setenv.sh/setenv.bat file? And should I include all exported packages or just mine?

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2012
Marek Adamek October 28, 2012

Not yet, I'm searching for sollution that does not require reflection. The options I see is to modify plugin v2 classloader to see my JARs in WEB_INF/lib directory or to add my plugin v1 to system bundle like com.google.collect.* classes for example. However I do not know how to apply any of this solution. I would appriciate any hint

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events