cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initializing MockComponentWorker() throws NoClassDefFoundError

Robert Jahrling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2013

After reading the page at https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Renamable+Users+in+JIRA+6.0, I wanted to write some new unit tests for my refactored plugins.

I started simple:

@RunWith(MockitoJUnitRunner.class)
public class SneiUserIsApproverForReleaseConditionTest {

@Before
	public void setUp() {
		new MockComponentWorker().init();
	}

@Test
	public void dummyTest() {
		assertTrue(true);
	}

}

But that failed with this stack trace:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/atlassian/jira/user/util/UserKeyStore
	at ut.some.plugin.package.SomeTestClass.setUp(SomeTestClass.java:21)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:45)
	at org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:15)
	at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:42)
	at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:27)
	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runLeaf(ParentRunner.java:263)
	at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:68)
	at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:47)
	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:231)
	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:60)
	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:229)
	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:50)
	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:222)
	at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:300)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:50)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:467)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:197)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.atlassian.jira.user.util.UserKeyStore
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
	... 24 more

What have I missed? And no, it's not as simple as importing com.atlassian.jira.user.util.UserKeyStore. :) I wish it was!

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ben Sayers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2013

I ran into this problem too. The decleration of com/atlassian/jira/user/util/UserKeyStore is in jira-core so I added that as a dependency in pom.xml and it solved the problem for me:

<dependency>
            <groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId>
            <artifactId>jira-core</artifactId>
            <version>6.0.1</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>
Robert Jahrling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2013

Thanks Ben! That did it.

0 votes
Robert Jahrling
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2013

Even when creating a new project from scratch with atlas-create-jira-plugin and adding the single setUp() method...same. Is something missing from my pom?

0 votes
Robert Jahrling
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2013

I should mention that I have the jira-tests artifact specified in the project's pom, and the jar is on the build path.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events