In Dashboard Pie chart gadget, How to change the colors of the piechart?

ARUN KUMAR MK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2016

image2016-7-28 13:41:53.png

I have 3 drop down options, Red,Green and Yellow. I wanted to place the color on the right places. How to achieve that?

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2016

Code - you'll need to change the code of the gadget to get it to understand that your drop-down contains the desired colours.

Otherwise, it's simply going to allocate the colours as it's normal rules (which I seem to remember is a simple lookup - largest blue, second red, etc)

ARUN KUMAR MK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2016

Is there the code of the JIRA's pie chart gadget available somewhere for the customisation  and install it back. Any examples,links etc would help me a lot.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2016

if you have a commercial licence, then yes, you can download the source of JIRA and use that (do not share the code with unlicenced users of course).  A lot of the off-the-shelf add-ons, including the pie chart, I believe, are bundled into that.

ARUN KUMAR MK
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2016

Yes we use commercial license only, but my company wont give me access to that. Is there any other way possible to do that?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2016

No, you need a commercial licence to download the source code.

ARUN KUMAR MK
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2016

Oh ok Nic, Thanks a lot for the  suggestion.

Tobias Twardon December 5, 2016

Hi Arun,

otherwise I suggest you just get your own USD 10 starter license.
This will also allow you to download the sources.

Cheers,
Tobias 

0 votes
Chris Cooke Old Street Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 30, 2019

We saw the number of people requesting this feature, and as not everyone's as smart as Nic, we made it a simple add-on 

It's very easy to use the color picker, so your charts can be consistent.

You can even use HEX codes if you really need to get the right shade.

I hope it helps, let me know how you get on with it.

There's a demo playground here, so it is straightforward to make custom color charts in Jira.

It's currently a Confluence add-on, but the Jira only version is coming soon.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 30, 2019

Color Picker for custom jira charts.png

Like Lisa Lolk Hauge likes this
Monica Daguerre July 24, 2019

Hi, Chris !! When will be ready the Jira Cloud version? (Jira Core Cloud). Thanks

Marketplace Partner
July 24, 2019

Hi Monica,

That should be released by the end of August!

Like Lisa Lolk Hauge likes this
Marketplace Partner
August 20, 2019
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events