cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to build SDK demo code

Frédéric Tardieu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2014

Hi all,

I'm configuring a new machine to build an existing JIRA plugin, and I can't get the job completed due to a problem while running atlas-mvn eclipse:eclipse . So I tried to build the demonstration code (source: 

https://bitbucket.org/atlassian_tutorial/helloworld.git).

I'm on Windows 7, with Java 7 installed, with the latest Atlassian SDK version, here's the output of atlas-version:

ATLAS Version: 5.0.4
ATLAS Home: C:\Users\f.tardieu\atlassian-plugin-sdk
ATLAS Scripts: C:\Users\f.tardieu\atlassian-plugin-sdk\bin
ATLAS Maven Home: C:\Users\f.tardieu\atlassian-plugin-sdk\apache-maven-3.2.1
--------
Executing: "C:\Users\f.tardieu\atlassian-plugin-sdk\apache-maven-3.2.1\bin\mvn.bat" --version [...]
Apache Maven 3.2.1 (ea8b2b07643dbb1b84b6d16e1f08391b666bc1e9; 2014-02-14T18:37:52+01:00)
Maven home: C:\Users\f.tardieu\atlassian-plugin-sdk\apache-maven-3.2.1\bin\..
Java version: 1.7.0_71, vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_71\jre
Default locale: fr_FR, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"

There error I get at atlas-mvn eclipse:eclipse is:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.atlassian.maven.plugins:maven-jira-plugin:3.10.3:copy-bundled-dependencies (default-copy-bundled-dependencies) on project helloworld: Execution default-copy-bundled-dependencies of goal com.atlassian.maven.plugins:maven-jira-plugin:3.10.3:copy-bundled-dependencies
failed: An API incompatibility was encountered while executing com.atlassian.maven.plugins:maven-jira-plugin:3.10.3:copy-bundled-dependencies: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.maven.execution.MavenSession.getRepositorySession()Lorg/sonatype/aether/RepositorySystemSession;

and at the end of the output:

[ERROR] Number of foreign imports: 1
[ERROR] import: Entry[import from realm ClassRealm[project>com.atlassian.tutorial:helloworld:1.0-SNAPSHOT, parent: ClassRealm[maven.api, parent: null]]]

So, as I am using everything out of the box here, I don't understand where's the problem from...

... Any clue anyone?

Thanks a lot,

Fred

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Frédéric Tardieu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2014

I found out that using an older SDK, this problem disappears (OK with SDK 4.2.20).

Fred

8 votes
Gábor Imre January 9, 2015

It's working for me if I set the properties in pom.xml to the following:

<properties>
	<jira.version>6.3.12</jira.version>
	<amps.version>5.0.4</amps.version>
</properties>

First is the JIRA version (you'll find it in a running JIRA), second can be determined by atlas-version in your plugin folder. 

Christopher Mohr March 24, 2015

this worked for me too. I think they need to put a hint in the tutorial when to edit the pom with your current JIRA and atlas version...

Arnold Chang April 15, 2015

worked for me too. thanks... Atlassian should revise their tutorial properly.

Jason Crease May 7, 2015

Yes, the AMPS version needs to be accurate. It's now 5.0.13. It changes constantly, so the tutorial really needs a note to call this out!

Scott Wilson February 16, 2016

It is still complaining about my refapp version.  I am spending more time debugging their tutorial than actually doing it!!!!!!

Saurabh Gupta January 4, 2017

So we basically need to put the updated versions of AMPS and JIRA, or the versions we are using for current development? Can anyone explain how does it affect

atlas-mvn eclipse:eclipse

command.

0 votes
Philippe KERREST November 24, 2014

Hello,

Same issue ...

Philippe

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events