Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to know about jira groups?

vikram ummagani February 9, 2017

HI, I want to know about groups in Jira. When admin assign issue to others only users are visible in assignee field, is it possible to assign issue to groups base not an individual users? And also I have one more question that is if group level assignment is possible then I assigned issue to one group in my project but that issue will not be visible to other groups or users? please give me the answers for the above questions. Thank you.

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2017

First question - what do you need group assigment to?

• Do you want that all members of group can see this issue - try to create dashboards with filters using assignee in membersOf()
  • You want to restrict users who can perform some transitions - add condition for group on transition you want.

We use some absract users to assign on group. For example - system admin.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2017

You can only assign groups to a user. A work around is to create a userid, that can't logon, with an email that points to a mailing list and assign it to that group. HOWEVER, the issue won't show up in anyone's 'assigned to me' built in list and in essence being an orphan. In my experience doing this leads to issues not being worked because people forget about the email notification. Another solution is to assign the issue to the team lead and have them reassign it to one of the team. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events