Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot find Issue Links while setting up a two dimensional filter

arunachudh September 10, 2014

I was trying to setup a two dimensional filter for my dashboard and I couldn't find issue link field to be selected in X or Y axis. Is there a way that I can make the field appear?

I need to create a filter in dashboard which contains parent issues and the number of child issues. Any ways to do that. ???

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2014

No.  For a field to appear on the 2d-filter, it has to be a field that has a limited and known range of data options.  A short-ish known list.  It can't be unbounded or infinite.  (Text, numbers, dates, etc - they're unbounded variables).  Only lists of objects are available.  Users, select/multi-select lists, projects etc - all bounded lists.

Links are arbitrary and unbounded, so they won't appear.

There are a couple of plugins that make text and numbers appear on these lists, but I've found huge problems with these - they tend not to scale at all (probably because it's mathematically impossible for them to do so), and I've ended up removing them from JIRA installations and restructuring the data instead.

For your second part, I can't think of a good way to do it with off-the-shelf JIRA or plugins, I suspect you might need to write something.

arunachudh September 10, 2014

Thank you but I could see "Epic/Theme" field displayed which also is a similar field like Issue links.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2014

Ah, no, sorry, it's a totally different type of field. It is a bounded, pre-defined, non-unique and normally very short list. Unlike the unbounded, often unique and potentially near-infinite links field.

0 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2014

If you are looking for a filter which contains parent issues and the number of child issues, i.e. sub-tasks, It should be possible to search for issues in parent. In the gadget with the Favorite Filters the amount will be also displayed. Maybe this helps as workaround. Please refer to Script Runner, More Complex Examples.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events