Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write individual step results in Zephyr(Jira) using ZAPI(REST API)

shaik sartaj January 7, 2015

Dear all,
I have looked at the ZAPI documentation, and so far I can get the test cycle id and execution id, so I can execute the test case , write the result for test case in Zephyr. However, I have more test steps in the test case. Now I want to write the results of individual test steps into Zephyr(Jira). Can you please provide sample code for the same(Java preferred). Please a sample code would be helpful.

Approach I have till now: (Found on net)

Get the id's of the stepresults(teststep results) by execution ID using the API "/rest/zapi/latest/stepResult"
Then using these stepresult Id's we can execute them with PUT request using API "/rest/zapi/latest/stepResult/{id}"

version I am currently using:

jira_version:6.3.12

zfj_version:2.5.2

zapi-1.5.0.15001732.obr

Thanks,
Ahmed

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Gokul Kumar Krishnan April 10, 2015

Hello Ahmed,

We apologize for the delay. Unfortunately we do not have a Java sample for creating Test Steps, however we do have a sample in Python.

The code first uses JIRA's REST API to create an issue type 'Test'. It uses the return information to add test steps to the issue. The information for Test Steps are provided as parameters. You should find the code in the following link:

https://support.getzephyr.com/hc/en-us/articles/202465999-Sample-Create-Test-Issue-with-Steps

Have a look at it and let us know if it helps. Thank you.

Regards,
Gokul

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events